Hot Topic’s “Comikaze 2013” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD AND HOW TO ENTER. The Hot Topic “Comikaze 2013” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on November 1, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on November 3, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. PST. The Sponsor’s clock shall be the official timekeeper. You can enter multiple times but only one entry per Twitter account will be counted. Entrants must have a valid Twitter account and become a follower of the official Hot Topic account: @HotTopic. To register for a Twitter account, potential entrants may visit www.twitter.com and follow Twitter’s registration rules. Entrants shall visit http://www.twitter.com/HotTopic and click on the link directing them to the “Comikaze 2013” Sweepstakes. At 1:00 p.m. PST on November 1, 2013, “@Hot Topic” will tweet the start of the sweepstakes. Entrants must tweet @hottopic why they should win one of the Funko Marvel Pop! Peter Parker and tag the tweet with #HotTopicComikaze. Valid entries must be received between November 1, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. PST and 6:00 p.m. PST on November 3, 2013 (the “Entry Period”).
By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is only open to persons 13 years of age and older who are legal residents of the District of Colombia, the fifty United States, and Canada (excluding Quebec). All employees of Hot Topic, Inc., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, siblings, parents and children) and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) of each are not eligible to enter. Void Where Prohibited.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. A winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entrants on or about November 4, 2013 at Sponsor’s location described in Section 11 below. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified via mention or direct message on Twitter, on or about November 4, 2013 using the Twitter handle provided at the time of entry, and will be requested to email Hot Topic for more information. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, refuses the prize, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Sweepstakes. If the winner is a resident of Canada (Quebec residents are excluded), in order to redeem the prize, the winner must answer the mathematical skill question correctly: Mathematical Skill Testing Question: (8x2)/4+(6-5)=_______. (Correct answer required for Canadian residents only).
ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SO INDICATES, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. Five (5) winners will win Funko Marvel Pop! Peter Parker (Approximate Retail Value=$12.50). If the winner chooses not to use any portion of the prize, there will be no refunds and there are no substitutions, and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited. Total approximate retail value of Sweepstakes: $62.50.
5. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No transfers, substitutions in prizes or cash will be allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, who may substitute a prize of approximately equal or greater value. Prize claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded.
6. CONSENT AND RELEASE. The winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification letter, including the completion of an affidavit and liability/publicity release, and return them within fifteen days of the date on the prize notification letter; otherwise prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes or any won prize, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, travel to or from or in connection with, or possession of, any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within fifteen (15) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or the advertising for the Sweepstakes, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable law of Sponsor’s jurisdiction and winner’s jurisdiction. All expenses not specifically provided for by Sponsor in these rules are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received for any reason will not be eligible. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of tampering or force majeure. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Sweepstakes based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. This Sweepstakes is in no way affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Sweepstakes or disqualify any entry in the event of technical impairment by computer virus or otherwise. In the event of early termination, Sponsor will randomly select winner from all eligible entries received at time of termination. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering, you agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, and to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, mail, or email regarding this Sweepstakes. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Industry, California. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Hot Topic, Attn: Twitter Sweepstakes, 18305 San Jose Ave, Industry, CA 91748, after November 4, 2013.
11. SPONSORSHIP. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hot Topic, Inc., 18305 San Jose Ave, Industry, CA 91748 (the “Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter.